Friday, July 11, 2008

Cafe Lift

Yo, so while i was at work, my boy JR told me his band (Tha Fiends) were going to perform at some coffee shop called Cafe Lift. Since i got off early, i was down. So he gave me the directions and all that and i cut from work. I actually got lost while finding the place. I was actually expecting the place to be in a city/plaza type of area. It was actually in the cuts in a business area. I actually ended up at a dead end and some some creepy guy outside of his rusty truck digging in the dirt. It was like 10:30 at night. What the hell was he digging? a hole for a body?! lol. Joke. But I'm serious, i did see him.

I continued on the search, and i eventually found the place. Like i said, it was in the middle of a business area. But when i went inside, it was cool. Full of very friendly people. The place is based on religion, but no specific one. One of the hosts told a life story about himself. It was deep. Got me thinkin for sure.

Anyways, the music was great. I actually missed the house band, but i heard they place some dope covers. As for the other artists, they were really good. Tha Fiends rocked it as always, and all the other performances caught my attention. But for the first time, i saw my homeboy's cousin named Chris aka Souveniir play his stuff. Fuck. It was sick. I have never seen anyone play the guitar, harmonica, tambourine, sing and whistle in the same song. I give him props. Check out his myspace and praise him. Souveniir He plays acoustic indie folk stuff. Dont hate. If you dont like it, then shut your ears and learn to be open. Thanks!