Friday, July 11, 2008

My weekly chill spot

Iguana's in downtown is the place to be on thursday nights. They have open mics every monday and thursday nights. I usually go on thursdays. Bomb ass food, dope ass music, and cool outgoing people. The food, damn. It's better than La Vic's (La Vic's is overrated) I've tried various food on the Iguana's menu. No complaints at all. My favorites are the Nacho Fries and their Regular burritos. Their Torta's are bomb too, i just tried it last night from my boy Bernard's word.
Take a look at that shit. For those of you who don't know, its a basically a sandwich. (Check out the pic, sorry about the lighting, they decorate the place with some green lights)

Now, for the music. Their houseband is sick. It's dope. These fools can sing. Tear up the guitar. Jam on the keys. Thrash the drums, and Most of it is barely rehearsed. But still knocks my head. Same as the open mic performers, theyre off the hook. You got independent artists doin their thing for any type of music, hip hop, rock, alternative, jazz, etc and even their own creations. Much respect to all them.

You guys should make it out there sometime. Peace.